Did You Know?
Everyone and everything lives in a watershed. The Lower Sugar River Watershed is our watershed home. It provides our drinking water, a habitat for wildlife, the soil to grow our food, and the streams, rivers, and lakes we use for year-round recreation. We all share a common interest in having and maintaining the health of our watershed.
That’s why we need your help! There are lots of ways to get involved:
- Have an interest in science and nature? Our Citizen Science Programs may be perfect for you.
- Looking for a leadership role? Perhaps the LSRWA Board of Directors or one of our Action Teams is just the thing.
- Enjoy the arts? Our Annual Seasons of the River committee is always looking for new inspiration.
- Volunteer for one of our community events or ongoing education/awareness programs—we can always use extra hands!
- Become a member of the LSRWA. We need a sustaining membership to ensure the health and well-being of our watershed lasts for many generations to come.
- You don’t have to actively participate to make a difference. We welcome your donation, which allows us to keep our vital programs and projects going forward for the benefit of everyone living in and around the watershed.
We want to hear from you! Share your connection to the watershed. Post photos and stories on our Facebook page. Keep us informed by using our Report a Sighting form, and don’t forget to sign-up for our email newsletter.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call Susan Lehnhardt - 608.897.8641 Extension 1020. We'll get back to you shortly!