In the fall of 2012, LSRWA initiated a planning process, facilitated by Allison Werner of River Alliance of Wisconsin, to develop a long-term vision for the organization. This process built upon input gathered at previous public events and brainstorming sessions by engaging board members, action team leads and members, strategic partners and advisors, and key constituent groups. The resulting five-year strategic plan will be used to effectively implement our vision.
- The Lower Sugar River Watershed Association (LSRWA) is a center of information about the ecology, economy, and culture within the Lower Sugar River watershed. By engaging the public in data collection, hands-on conservation projects, and open forums, we encourage citizens to practice good stewardship, enhancing the quality of life for all who live, work, and play within the watershed.
- The Lower Sugar River Watershed Association brings people together in an open exchange, empowering all with experience and knowledge to steward land and water resources for the benefit and enjoyment of our communities, today and for generations to come.
- Watershed: We will work within upland, wetland, riparian, and stream ecosystems in the Lower Sugar River watershed.
- Partnerships: Our goals will be accomplished in cooperation with others working in the watershed.
- Inclusivity: Participation of diverse stakeholders and citizens strengthens our work.
- Stewardship: We will foster good stewardship, ensuring the health of the watershed for future generations.
- Science: Our work is guided by science.
- Balance: Our work will balance the needs of all living things - humans, wildlife and plants.
- Respect: We will respect all views and opinions.
- Excellence: We commit to excellence with passion and determination.